This is my brand new Learn European Portuguese Online Course. The level of the course is A2 and it consists of 12 individual lectures. With this course you will have access to all lessons.
You can download the slides of each lecture and take your own notes. Each lesson comes with a quiz so you can practice your knowledge.
- ask and give information about yourself;
- use the Imperfect tense of the verbs;
- describe things in the past;
- ask things politely;
- describe your day-to-day activities and things you usually do;
- describe your personal and physical characteristics.
- use the Personal Infinitive of the verbs;
- use the Impersonal Infinitive of the verbs;
- use the Imperative vs the Infinitive;
- further practice and use the tenses learnt;
- speak about the objects in your house;
- relate certain nouns to their verbs;
- put the right stress on words.
- express an opinion;
- make comparisons;
- speak about an action that happened before another in the past;
- conjugate and use the “Pretérito Mais-que-Perfeito composto";
- use certain prefixes and learn their meaning;
- use the past participle of the verbs;
- tell the story of what happened in the past.
- speak about future events;
- conjugate Futuro Imperfeito do Indicativo;
- use the form Ir + Infinitive;
- formulate questions that express doubt;
- use vocabulary about the weather.
- use the conditional;
- understand the relation between the conditional and the Imperfect forms;
- use vocabulary about food;
- use the reported speech correctly.
- speak about events that started in the past and continue in the present;
- use "Pretérito Perfeito Composto do Indicativo";
- use connectors like porque, quando, por causa de, como, pois and mas;
- use vocabulary about sports.
- speak about health problems;
- schedule a doctor´s appointment;
- speak about alternative medicines;
- use the invariable relative pronouns – que/ quem/ onde;
- use Personal Pronouns in the correct place in the sentence;
- use à and há correctly;
- use words with the same writing, but different meanings and pronunciation: homógrafas;
- use words with the same writing and pronunciation, but different meanings: parónimas.
- use the past participle correctly – double participles;
- use the passive voice;
- use Verbs + Infinitive – andar a; voltar a; etc.
- use synonyms;
- use different expressions;
- use words with the same pronunciation, but that are written differently and have a different meaning.
- use the pronoun contraction (Direct + Indirect pronouns);
- know the difference between certain similar verbs – saber vs conhecer; conseguir vs poder; tentar vs experimentar vs provar;
- know the names of the different stores;
- know where to buy different products;
- understand the different sounds of the letter “g”.
- know the different holidays in Portugal;
- use the gerund;
- know and use substantivos coletivos;
- know and use words ending in –eiro, -or and -ista;
- know and use words with e and i;
- recognize similar words.
- use some typical words and expressions from Oporto (Porto);
- use more vocabulary – similar words;
- use the greeting forms correctly – você? Tu? O senhor?
- know the main differences between Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese.
- use the variable relative pronouns;
- understand some Portuguese expressions;
- use ir + Gerúndio;
- identify the African countries that speak Portuguese;
- identify African words from Portuguese speaking countries and know their European Portuguese meanings;
- understand and answer questions about a text.
Just come try it out!
Number of lectures: 12 Lectures
Duration of course: around 9.5 hours in total / 35-60 minutes per lecture
Please note that this is the A2 Course for Beginners [Full Course, Lectures 1-12]. This Course builds up on the A1 Level, which you can also find in the Course Section.
PreviewCourse - Preview (3:42)
StartLecture 1 - Ask and Give Information about Yourself; the Imperfect tense; describe things in the past; ask things politely; describe day-to-day activities; describe your personal and physical characteristics. (60:14)
StartLecture 2 - the personal infinitive of the verbs; the impersonal infinitive of the verbs; imperative vs infinitive; objects in your house; nouns related to verbs; right stress on words; (38:41)
StartLecture 3 - express an opinion; make comparisons; the Pretérito Mais-Que-Perfeito Composto; prefixes and their meanings; past participle of the verbs. (50:40)
StartLecture 4 - speak about future events using Futuro Imperfeito do Indicativo; Ir + Infinitive; questions that express a doubt; vocabulary about the weather. (35:20)
StartLecture 5 - the Conditional; relationship between conditional and imperfect forms; vocabulary about food; the reported speech. (39:37)
StartLecture 6 - Pretérito Perfeito Composto do Indicativo; events that started in the past and continue until the present; use of connectors: porque, quando, por causa de, como, pois and mas; vocabulary about sports. (52:07)
StartLecture 7 - Speak about health; schedule a doctor's appointment; speak about alternative medicines; the invariable relative pronouns - que, quem, onde; personal pronouns and where to use them in the sentence; à vs há; homógrafas; parónimas. (47:01)
StartLecture 8 - Double participles; the passive voice; verbs + infinitive: andar a, voltar a, etc; synonyms. (43:44)
StartLecture 9 - Direct + Indirect Pronouns (contraction); Saber vs Conseguir: Conseguir vs Poder; Tentar vs Experimentar; Experimentar vs Provar; names of different stores; where to buy different products; different sounds of the letter "g". (51:22)
StartLecture 10 - the holidays in Portugal; the Gerund; "Substantivos Coletivos"; words ending in -eiro, -or and -ista; words with "e" and "i". (35:01)
StartLecture 11 - Typical words and expressions from Porto; synonyms; use the correct forms - "você". "tu", "o senhor", etc; know the main differences between European and Brazilian Portuguese; (35:43)
StartLecture 12 - Variable relative pronouns; ir + gerúndio; African countries that speak Portuguese; African words and their European Portuguese meaning; answer questions about a text. (36:12)
Olá! I am Mia, and I have been teaching Portuguese for more than a decade now. From a young age, I loved languages, and I knew that I wanted to become a teacher pretty early on. So I did. I taught Portuguese and English to children in state schools, but I just knew that was not yet what I dreamed to do.
After coming back from The Netherlands, where I lived for three years, I did not know what to do. I had a master degree in teaching Portuguese as a Second Language, but I had no job and things were not so easy here in Portugal to get one.
I was at a loss, but actually that is when everything started to change: I started teaching one-on-one classes online and soon I realised that people really enjoyed what I did! More and more, I had students coming to me and asking me to give them classes.
So I came up with an idea: I would build my own online school and create courses online, that could reach more people and help students become fluent in Portuguese!
And this is how Learn European Portuguese Online was created! I studied and studied, I learnt a lot of new skills to be able to teach online and I put together years of experience and hours of commitment that culminated in my European Portuguese Master Course - a course that will take you from a basic beginner of Portuguese to an advanced student!
Just come with me in this adventure and don't forget to have fun while learning Portuguese :)